Virtual face mask design competition
During the pandemic, masks represent care and collective strength in the Hong Kong city. In view of its growing importance, Digital Fashion Lab will organize a face mask design competition. Participants will use the latest 3D design software and their imaginary in creating virtual face masks.
The competition aims to:
- Provide an opportunity for the participants to learn the use of the latest 3D fashion design technology
- Provide an infinite virtual experimentation space for the participants to develop and test their design ideas and extend their creativity to caring others.
*A souvenir will be given to all participants
- Interested in mask design, fashion design or 3D virtual technology
- Good computer skill
- Average Chinese and English proficiency
- Hong Kong permanent residents
*Places: 140 nos.
The 3D design software used in this competition is CLO.
The competition is divided into 2 groups, basic and advanced.
- Participants who do not know how to use CLO should apply for the Basic group
- Participants who know how to use CLO should apply for the Advanced group (Those who have completed CLO course at CITA)
Competition Details and Schedule
Participants will receive 2 hours of basic 3D design software training. Within 1 hour after the training, participants will create own virtual mask design for the competition.
|Class 1||10 January 2021 9:30 – 12:30|
|Class 2||16 January 2021 9:30 – 12:30|
|Class 3||17 January 2021 9:30 – 12:30|
|Class 4||24 January 2021 9:30 – 12:30|
|Class 5||31 January 2021 9:30 – 12:30|
Participants will use 3D design software to create own virtual mask design within 3 hours. (should arrive 15 minutes earlier)
|Class 1||10 January 2021 14:00 – 17:00|
|Class 2||16 January 2021 14:00 – 17:00|
|Class 3||17 January 2021 14:00 – 17:00|
|Class 4||24 January 2021 14:00 – 17:00|
|Class 5||31 January 2021 14:00 – 17:00|
- Participants will create own virtual mask with their creativity and personal style, and name the mask.
- Should use the given mask patterns and materials in the competition. Do not bring your own pattern or material.
- Can not modify the mask pattern or create a new pattern.
- Participants will create own virtual mask with their creativity and personal style. Name the mask and write the design concept within 100 words.
- Competition provides the mask patterns and materials. Do not bring your own pattern or material.
- Can modify the mask pattern or create a new pattern.
- Champion (1 no.): HKD$800 and Certificate
- 1st Runner-up (1 no.): HKD$400 and Certificate
- 2nd Runner-up (1 no.): HKD$300 and Certificate
- Champion (1 no.): HKD$1200 and Certificate and One-year CLO personal license
- 1st Runner-up (1 no.): HKD$800 and Certificate
- 2nd Runner-up (1 no.): HKD$500 and Certificate
CLO Virtual Fashion would be sponsoring the one-year personal license for the champion of the Advanced Group
The design works must be new and original. The disputes arising from content or copyright are determined by CITA.
Copyright of all the design works (including physical garments) belong to CITA and the design works will not be returned.
Participants must agree that all the design works are available for exhibition, collection and publicity purposes.
The decision of the judging panel is final. CITA has the right to refuse the works that promote obscene, indecent, violent or non-conforming themes.
The personal data provided by the participants will be used only for this competition.
CITA has the right to change the above rules and information without prior notice.
For any enquiries, please call at 2263 6387/2263 6375 or email us at Dflab@cita.org.hk.